Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Gift of a Smile- with Life-Art-Business Coach Kimberly Conrad


A smile is one of the most valuable gifts we can give, both to the world and to ourselves, and costs us absolutely nothing.


I read recently that children smile on average, 10 times more a day than adults do.
I have been on a mission for some time now, to nurture that inner child, that little girl inside of me. The one that I stuffed in a room and closed the door on so many years ago.

I have four grown sons. The oldest two are married, one has a seven month old son, and the other is expecting his first child in about 8 weeks.

In the past 2 years, my two youngest completed their Masters Degrees, got their CPA's and began their "big boy" careers. So a lot of our conversations these days center around the topic of  "adulting". They are all finding "adulting" to be quite a shock, even though they all worked as soon as they were of age, and were given plenty of household responsibilities as boys.

My youngest recently said "adulting sucks", and truthfully, at that moment, I really felt in agreement with him, and I felt a little sad. I felt sad as his Mom, that even though he has this amazing new job with a fantastic company, my sweet little boy now has a whole new world of stress and pressure. He really is living an adult life, with fewer laughs and smiles.

Why as adults, do we put away the Child? Why can't the two coexist joyfully?
Why can't we give time to both? That's my mission this year, to learn to give time, maybe not equal time, but a noticeable amount of time to my inner child.

It has been so long since I have really allowed myself to play, that I will need to start slowly, and dip my toes in a bit at a time.

Playing with my seven month old grandson Ziggy is what really stirred all of this within me.
He smiles all of the time. He is truly the happiest baby I have ever known, and when he smiles, you cannot help but smile back. 

A smile is so very powerful, even between strangers. A smile between loved ones and friends is powerful. Do you know what else is powerful??? A smile to yourself in the mirror. It is a little odd at first, but is actually quite loving and therapeutic.

I really have no idea how many times a day I smile, but I am starting a smile campaign. 
I'll start with 50 documented smiles a day.  ( I probably already smile more times than that, but how do you really know if you're not keeping track?) So, what about the days I work from home alone??

Well, I am never alone as I do have 5 furry babies, but I guess the mirror and I will be pretty friendly on those days. 

Maybe if I smile enough at me, that little girl will feel safer and come out more often!




 Sincerely, Kimberly Conrad CEO/Where ART Lives
 http://KimberlyConradFineArt.com
www.LifeArtBusiness.com



 LIFE - ART - BUSINESS


 Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Art Gallery
 220 East 7th Ave (Governer's Park)
 Denver, CO 80203
 303.881.2258

No comments:

Post a Comment