Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy New Year and The Art of Allowing

"The Art of Allowing"

This has been a buzz phrase for quite some time now, and I admit was a big part of my journey in 2017, both personally and professionally.

At first I struggled, as I felt if I were practicing the "art of allowing" it meant to cease planning and setting goals. I mean how are things I want in life going to happen if I just sit around and wait for them to come to me???

I am quite the list maker and goal setter. In fact if I'm honest I've been like the mouse on the wheel for too many years now; the never ending cycle of effort.

 It took me a good part of 2017 to understand that this "art of allowing" is more about ceasing the angst and the "wringing of the hands". It's about balancing work with play.

Having major surgery and your first grandchild are great teachers in this arena. I still make lists and set goals, and I work very hard, but I've learned to play more, which helps me to be in a more relaxed state of mind while working. When the "child" in us (and we all have one) is satisfied, the adult can relax. In 2017, I learned to play more, to spend time not only doing things that bring joy, but thinking and meditating upon the things that bring me joy. There is something to be said for learning to just "be" sometimes as opposed to always "doing". And playing? Playing is wonderful, and I've found that the more I play, the more clarity and focus I have when I work. My wish for you this year is that you play more!!

 Sincerely, Kimberly Conrad CEO/Where ART Lives
 http://KimberlyConradFineArt.com
 http://kimberlyconraddailypaintings.blogspot.com


 LIFE - ART - BUSINESS


 Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Art Gallery
 220 East 7th Ave (Governer's Park)
 Denver, CO 80203
 303.881.2258

No comments:

Post a Comment